Safety for Truck Drivers
As a truck driver, one of your top priorities is gaining respect from your carrier. Safety should also be a top priority. Your current trucking company probably says that safety is the number one concern. But it’s easy to talk the talk; does your carrier also walk the walk?
Assessing Your Trucking Company
Stop and consider the following thought-provoking questions about your current trucking company:
- Were you impressed at the initial orientation?
- Is the trucking company clearly committed to ongoing training?
- Is remedial training available for truck drivers who have been involved in an accident?
- Has the carrier invested in new technology to keep drivers safe?
- Does equipment maintenance take top priority for truck driver safety?
- Are drivers dispatched safely and legally every time, or are you supposed to just “figure it out” when you’re dispatched illegally?
- Are good CSA scores a priority?
- Do truck drivers have the final say when determining if the weather and road conditions are too treacherous, or when they’re too fatigued to get behind the wheel? Do drivers feel they have the right to make those calls?
If you can honestly answer yes to every question on this list, then we’re done here. You’re already working for a top-notch trucking company.
But if you can’t say your carrier lives up to everything that’s important for truck driver safety, it’s time to check out Transport America. We not only talk the talk, we walk the walk of ensuring safety for our drivers.
A great culture of safety starts with hiring the best drivers. That’s why we hire only the best truck drivers available. If you’re ready to upgrade your career to the next level, visit our website or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter. We’re confident you’ll like what you see about our trucking company.