Fuel for Thought | Driver Appreciation
At Transport America, we are more thrilled than ever for Driver Appreciation Week this year! 2014 marks TA’s 30th anniversary, and in celebration, we have some great things in store for our drivers. Here’s a look at what you can expect when you visit any of our Support Centers during Driver Appreciation Week September 14-20, 2014:
- Face-to-face interaction: It’s our intent to have Transport America leaders discuss key business messages with our drivers and gather feedback on how we can be even better. If you have a suggestion, please let us know during the face-to-face interaction time.
- Wellness blitz: In July, our Nutrition Blitz was a huge success. We’re looking forward to the Exercise Blitz during Driver Appreciation Week when we’ll be unveiling the mini-stepper. This exercise tool helps you achieve better fitness right in your truck. It’s an easy way to add a quick workout to your busy daily routine as a truck driver.
- Giveaways: We’re offering free gloves and safety glasses for all our drivers during Driver Appreciation Week. Plus, we’ll have food and prize drawings at all Support Centers, including “Drawings of 30” for a special item at each location.
- 50/50 raffle: All proceeds from the raffle, along with charity baskets located at the Corporate and Birmingham Support Centers, go to the Wounded Warrior Project. It’s a great cause we’re proud to be part of.
- Safe work methods: Stop by to learn some important safety information.
- Red Wing Boot Mobile: This will be available at most Support Centers during Driver Appreciation Week.
Our drivers are the face to our customer and the heart of our organization, Driver Appreciation Week is exciting as it gives us a great opportunity to thank our folks for their hard work. Be sure to stay tuned for more information about Driver Appreciation Week as it gets closer!